Friday, February 15, 2013

Self Control



I will tell you all something. I am very happy to say that taking it easy was a great decision. I feel like there has been a load taken off of my shoulders. Funny thing is, now I want to cap like crazy and I have a day or two to give in to my cravings. I hope you are not mad at me for my little time off. But believe me when I say if I didn't take it my caps would have begun to suffer from it. I hope you all like my little addition to Tranzmutes previous Sisters of Fate cap. I changed the editors name so I could make it into a personal one for her. And considering how he plowed Katie on the desk I felt Plowed by Sponge was appropriate for the cap. I love this band.

Anyway, I wanted to know exactly who is reading these anyway. And for those who already post comments, Thank You so much. Believe me when I say they mean everything to me. I wanted to ask a question and maybe see who answers it. Last week or so a new friend of mine, Dee, who needs no introduction. If you do not know who she is you better find out. You don't know what you are missing out on. Dee-lusions of Grandeur is her blog and you can see many of her caps at the Haven as well. Dee asked a question on her blog and it didn't get the response I think it deserved. I was really excited to hear some of the responses. The question was ,

What was your earliest TG memory? I've had quite a few as a youngster, so perhaps if you share yours below, I will post some more spread out over the next week or two. Were you jealous of slumber parties and makeovers? Curious to what was going on at the beauty parlor instead of the barber shop? Feel free to talk about it below.

I responded with one of my favorite memories. I know there must be more then Dee and myself out there that had some good ones. So if you would be so kind as to tell me your favorite one or one that stands out most. Just leave them in the comments. I will post my response here and then I hope to hear your memories.

 First off I know this one isn't my earliest but it is one that stands out in my mind.

I had a friend who lived up the street from me. She and I were always together. She was such a tom boy. I actually remember being in a Christmas concert when I was maybe 7 or 8 years old. She was right in front of me during the performance. If anyone were to take notice of me out of the other 100 plus children on stage they probably would have seen me staring at her the whole show.

She always wore jeans and sneakers. To me she was just one of my friends. But that night she was wearing a dress and white tights. I remember actually being jealous of her and what she was wearing. I remember feeling that I would give anything to switch places with her..

And of course I had countless cousins that were the same way you explained. But for some reason that one particular moment stands out.

But to be perfectly honest Dee, I still have moment like this all the time. Somethings never change. ;)


xoxoxo Katie



  

No comments:

Post a Comment