Sunday, April 17, 2016

Semi-truth in advertising


Hey everyone, I haven't had much time for a new caption. But I still have a few caps that Dawn has made me in the past. I know that Dawn posted them on her blog as well. But they were really good caps and in case some of you haven't seen them, here you go.


I guess getting to the big news. My appointment that Ive made with a gender therapist. I guess I have more of a question for everyone.

I have been communicating with the therapist via email. Or at least I thought it was with the therapist. It turns out that it was her whole damn office. Compounded by the fact that this therapist doesn't specialize in Gender issues like it said online as well. I know her staff would eventually know me and my reason for seeking therapy. But it was misleading online. It gives the illusion that you would be directly talking with the therapist. I don't know, it felt very invasive the way the whole process went down..

Maybe I'm wrong but it was difficult writing to this person and confessing to them that I have a Gender identity issue. But I was very vocal with the staff, again via email, about how it made me feel.

FINALLY over a week later, the actual therapist wrote me back and told me it was all just a SNAFU.. It gave me a bad experience and I surely won't be going to this therapist.

But what I'm finding out is I can basically talk to any therapist in the world via my phone. So do any of you know of a great gender therapist, preferably female please, that you may recommend.

I'm upset and annoyed over this situation but I'm not going to stop now. I want to continue on with what I started.

Thanks everyone, I hope you're all happy and healthy. 
I can't wait for your comments to see about a therapist or if you had a crazy situation to tell me about as well.

xoxoxo Katie Mills

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you might want to talk to a Lawyer or at least the State Medical Board about this "Therapist". False Advertising doesn't begin to cover this "SNAFU".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure they did it intentionally. But it's still very invasive to find out you spilled your inner most secrets and then come to find out it went to multiple people you never intended to tell.

      Ugh! It's disappointing to say the least.

      Delete
    2. That was very unprofessional of them. You did nothing wrong. Don't let it stop you from seeking help from more qualified therapists.

      Delete
  2. I know you haven't posted in quite some time. I wanted to wish you the Merriest of Christmases and a wonderful 2018 as well. Shoot me an email sometime!

    ReplyDelete